Corinium Museum is open, and we’ve put a few changes in place to welcome you back and ensure your safety.
We’re thrilled to open our doors and welcome all our visitors back to the Museum and Visitor Information Centre.
To help ensure the health and wellbeing of our visitors, volunteers and staff, all visitors must adhere to current Government guidelines relating to Covid-19, and follow any other guidance provided at the Museum.
We have implemented new safety measures across Corinium Museum, including:
- Requiring all visitors to book timed tickets online. To help with social distancing, we will be limiting the number of visitors to the museum and . Please arrive within your alloted entry time to reduce the need to queue to enter.
- Requiring all visitors to wear face coverings when visiting the Museum and shop. Anyone without a face covering will not be allowed into the shop, other than those who are exempt.
- Installing new hand sanitising stations. Hand sanitising stations will be available throughout the museum and shop. We request that all visitors sanitise their hands before entering the museum. Please note there are a limited number of toilet facilities available on site.
- Creating safe queuing areas and limiting the number of visitors in our shop to 6 at a time.
- We will be operating a one-way system with directional signage to guide visitors around the museum and to assist visitors and staff to respect social distancing.
- We will be increasing the frequency and breadth of cleaning routines. The galleries will be regularly cleaned after each group of visitors has exited the building.
- Adding acrylic screens at our payment points and asking all visitors to use contactless/card payments to avoid the handling of cash.
- Some areas of the museum will be off limits for the time being but there is still plenty to see. Our exciting Stone Age to Corinium galleries are still under construction and are due to be completed very soon.
We have also been awarded the Visit Britain ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry standard mark, awarded to organisations that have followed government and industry COVID-19 guidelines, have necessary risk assessments in place, and a process to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Shop and Visitor Information
Our shop and Visitor Information centre are open, you do not need to pre-book to come in, however you will need to queue to enter.
- To comply with social distancing measures we will be limiting the number of customers in the shop to 6 people at a time and there will be a one way system.
- We will only be accepting contactless payment for the time being.
- In accordance with Government guidelines customers will be required to wear a face covering when using the shop and Visitor Information Centre.