The Cotswold Museum Service is managed by Sports and Leisure Management Ltd. The collections and building are owned by Cotswold District Council.
The Museum holds large and internationally significant collections of archaeology, social and rural history. It operates two major sites: the Corinium Museum in Cirencester and the Resource Centre (reserve collections store) at Northleach, ten miles north of Cirencester. The Service also runs a Visitor Information Centre at the Corinium Museum.
足彩胜负14场Corinium Museum has arguably the finest and most extensive Romano-British collection relating to a town and its hinterland in the world. It forms the major part of the only museum service in the Cotswold District and is the focus for advice, training, and scholarship. The Museums Service is fully accredited.
Vision, Purpose and Values
The vision of the Museum is:
“To be a leading archaeology museum that continues to evolve.”
The Museum’s purpose is:
“To collect, preserve, and interpret collections from the Cotswold District for public engagement.”
The Museum’s core values underpin everything we do as a Museum and are:
- Excellence: We strive for excellence across all areas of our service.
- Inclusion: We want to appeal to the widest audience possible to be intellectually, physically and economically accessible.
- Innovation: We want to be leading the way not following the crowds by thinking outside of the box.
- Engagement: We want people to have experienced the Museum through our programmes both in person and virtually.
- Preservation: We safeguard the collections for future generations because the objects make the Museum what it is.